Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pumpkin chip cookies


Jess and I are in West Yellowstone, MT, living in a motel room, but it has an adjacent kitchenette, which makes me infinitely happier. Most people probably use motel kitchenettes to warm up leftovers or at most make some mac 'n cheese, but, we got a little more creative than that. Curry the first night, then a squash soup, then some chicken and green beans, we're living pretty well. And of course, dessert - we made some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. With walnuts.

I got the recipe from here, it looked the most like a version I'd made in the past, but I couldn't remember the recipe - just that it had oil in it. I thought it was King Arthur Flour, but they use butter. So, this worked. We didn't want to have to buy butter AND oil - the goal is to have no leftovers by the end of the week, although I did buy baking powder, just because I'm out of it at home so figure I can pack back the rest of it... Anyway, I reprinted the recipe below, with my changes (we didn't have any spices).

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Made 21 medium-to-large cookies

1C canned pumpkin
1 egg
6 tbs oil
1C sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2C flour
1C chocolate chips
1C walnuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 375F. Combine the oil, egg, pumpkin, and sugar in a big bowl. Add in the salt and baking powder. Then add the flour, mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Scoop onto a greased cookie sheet and bake 15-20 minutes. The cookies don't spread at all, so they can be pretty close together. My cookies were probably 1/4C of batter to each one.

No comments: