Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Roasted cabbage pear salad

What do you do with the other 3/4 of your head of cabbage? An excellent question, because all the best recipes for cabbage have cabbage playing a very small part. For good reason. But I had to use up the rest of the cabbage before it was too late (can't waste food!), and stumbled across this recipe. Good idea! I actually *like* roasted cabbage, so this was bound to be a success.

Naturally, I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but made up a dressing of dijon mustard, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper, and tossed the roasted cabbage and pear chunks in that. Also, toasted walnuts win me over every time. So it ended up being a pretty quick thing to make, and I'll totally make it again. 1 pear, half a cabbage, ~1/4C chopped walnuts, and some shredded hard cheese. Yum! And it even got an ok Ed rating, which is pretty good considering we're talking about a dish consisting primarily of cabbage.

No comments: