Monday, August 27, 2012

Peach sangria

No photo... but this was worth making again.  Patrice and Rich were staying with us before Tiffany's wedding, and we decided that sangria would be the perfect accompaniment to go with lunch, and I'd just gotten back from Littleton with 4 quarts of peaches... perfect!

1 bottle of cheap pinot grigio
1 bottle of bubbly water
2 peaches, sliced into eighths or so
1 handful of mint
~1/4C simple syrup
2 shots berry vodka (peach or vanilla vodka, our other home-made concoctions, would also work here... as would triple sec)

The berry vodka was an inspiration after I'd made these amazing blackberry lime squares - I had to juice a whole bunch of mixed berries, and it felt like a shame to just throw out the discarded seeds and pulp, so I put them in a mason jar and covered with vodka.  Now we have purple berry vodka!  I did the same thing with a peach as we were making this sangria, since I think that will also be pretty awesome.  We don't really *drink* vodka, but I do use vanilla vodka in pie crusts, and I'm sure a peach vodka could work there, too.  Also, sangria.  'nuff said.

Anyway, Patrice muddled the mint with the simple syrup, and then we dumped everything else into the pitcher, and deliciousness came out.  It was a beautiful pink color, too, because of the berry vodka.  Basically, it was amazing.  Will make again.

No comments: