Friday, February 12, 2010

Scromelet

A scromelet is a mix between an omelet and scrambled eggs. Usually, it starts out as an omelet, but turns into scrambled eggs, just because I'm too lazy/impatient to wait for the eggs to do their thing into an omelet. This is one of those easy, one-pot meals, which makes it perfect for breakfast, or dinner, or whatever. Deliciousness is the result.

Start with some veggies. Chop them up, and cook them. In this case, I've got half a sweet potato, half an onion, half a zucchini, one big leaf of swiss chard, and two leaves of kale. I generally start cooking things as I keep chopping everything else. The smaller you chop things, the faster they'll cook, which is your desired outcome.

Cook the vegetables. In a frying pan. With some olive oil. You can cook any vegetables, or meat, or anything you feel like adding.

Crack in some eggs. Two works for me, some people might like more than that.

Scramble the eggs. Try to not scramble in too many veggies, mostly just scramble the eggs.

Once the eggs are somewhat cooked, scramble in more veggies. This is when you would add cheese, if you had any. I admit, the ratio of eggs to veggies might be weighted a little too far towards the veggie side in this case...

Once they're done, I like stirring in some ricotta. Totally unnecessary, but it tastes good. Enjoy breakfast!

No comments: