Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pizza night!


We made pizza the other night, when I came back from Costco with two pounds of mozzarella, that was just begging to be shredded and put on pizza. The crust was pretty straightforward, ~1C warm water, ~2tsp yeast, ~2tsp sugar, and then enough flour to make a pretty slack dough. We let it rise maybe half an hour, while we prepped the stuff to go on top of the pizza, and then rolled it out. I like my pizza crusts super thin and crunchy (french style, or something like that), Ed likes his pizza puffy. We ended up using tomato sauce, broccoli rabe, oyster mushrooms, and anchovies as toppings. Pretty good, once it was all together on the pizza.

I also made a calzone with one of my allocated pieces of pizza dough. It was awesome for lunch the next day, warmed up in the toaster oven - the outside got all crispy, the inside got warm, but not so hot that it burns your mouth. Awesomeness.


And of course, more pizza was made last week at the Sierra ski-o, but since Ken sr. only eats spaghetti (as far as I can tell, anyway), I made part of one of my pizzas a spaghetti pizza. It actually wasn't bad.

mmm, spaghetti pizza...

No comments: