Sunday, July 13, 2008

Strawberry Lemonade Bars


So I had leftover strawberry sauce after making my elaborate strawberry dessert, and I didn't know what to do with it. Then I saw this, and the problem was solved. I used that exact recipe, only with half the strawberry sauce, since that was how much I had. I also cut the recipe in half, since I have an 8x8" pan, rather than a 9x13" pan. And I must say, these are the best lemon bars I've ever made (sorry, Joy of Cooking. Yours just don't stand up compared to these). The crust was just right-crunchy yet chewy, sweet but not overly so. The filling was also perfect, with that extra crusty-goodness on top, lightly pink thanks to the strawberries, and the perfect texture of lemon-custard-whatever-it-is-that-is-lemon-bars. My quest for the perfect lemon bar over.

I don't have an Ed-rating for these, since Ed doesn't like lemon bars on principle, and so refused to try one. Sorry.

No comments: