Sunday, July 13, 2008

Radish-Carrot Salad

On an impulse buy the other day, I got some radishes. They were so pretty looking, sitting there all bright pink and shiny with their little green tops just shooting out perkily chirping "buy me! buy me!" Your vegetables don't talk to you? strange.

Then I got home and realized I didn't know what to do with my radishes. I looked around on epicurious, and it appears that they are generally put into some sort of salad. I liked the idea of chopping them up finely and mixing them with other crunchy things, so, I did that. The recipe follows. In the spirit of having bought these due to their prettiness factor, I wanted as colorful a salad as I could get.



1C radishes, julienned
1C carrots, julienned or just strips made with the peeler (easier)
2-3 green onions, chopped finely
1 shallot, diced

Dressing:
Combine until you like the taste: sesame oil, honey, lemon juice, and salt. Toss the salad with the dressing and eat it up.

No comments: