Friday, October 5, 2012

Fish tacos

Still catching up on backlog - these fish tacos were from when I was in Sunderland last month.  Peter still thinks they're "weird", but eats them anyway, with noises of contentment, so no complaints there.  This was bluefish, and worked pretty well as a filler for the tacos.  

I seasoned the bluefish with some chili powder, salt, and pepper, and let it sit there while I cooked down some diced red onion.  Once the onion was pretty well caramelized, in went some garlic, and then the fish, with a healthy squeeze of lemon.  I also threw in some halved cherry tomatoes, which, while not adding a whole lot to the flavor, made it look nicer.  

Also featured in the tacos is some garlic-lemon spinach.  Definitely one of my favorite ways to eat spinach, though I'm not sure it added anything to the taco.  And of course, avocado, because avocados are awesome.

The tacos were just the recipe on the back of the masa bag.  I think it's 1C masa flour to 2/3C water.  I rolled them out on some plastic wrap, and that made them a lot easier to transport to the pan for a brief minute of cooking.  I suppose a tortilla press might make round tortillas, but whatevs, these still taste good.



Peter mentioned that I couldn't post a photo on the blog without making a silly face while eating - of course!  Silly face accomplished!

No comments: