Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cut-out cookies

This is a week of cookie recipes. Friday night Anna and I got together to bake some cookies, and I have about half the recipes on hand, so they'll get posted. Our list was: minty brownies, gingerbread in cute little muffin tins that totally didn't work, cut-out cookies, chocolate crinkles, thumbprint cookies, and pecan tassies. Quite a busy night! The brownies weren't cool enough to cut when I left, so no pictures of those, and the pecan tassies I don't have the recipe for, but the cut-outs, crinkles, and thumbprints are coming right up!

These weren't the best cut-out cookies I've ever made, but they certainly filled the niche. Plus, icing helps with any cookie. I'm sure I'll be making more cutout cookies this holiday season, not sure what recipe we use at home but it tastes pretty good. These ones are kind of chewy after baking, which works, its just a little different.

Cut-out cookies
Made 4 cookie-sheets'-worth - big cookie sheets
1/3C butter
1/3C sugar
1 egg
2/3C honey
1 tsp lemon peel
2.75C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Cream the butter and sugar together, then add the honey, egg, and lemon peel. Mix together the dry ingredients, and then add that to the wet stuff. Chill if the dough is too soft, and then roll it out to ~1/8" thick. Cut out in fanciful shapes, and bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes.


No comments: