Friday, December 8, 2017

Steak and potatoes

About as "normal" as food gets around here. I wanted creamed spinach, and I had this idea in my head of the creamed spinach we'd made many years ago with bacon and gruyere and a poached egg on top, but I couldn't remember where that recipe was (turns out, it's on my blog. Should have searched here first, duh. That's why I keep this stupid thing! Click here for recipe). So anyway, I remembered the part about the gruyere, and thought that it had been blended, but I was wrong, and we ended up with a pile of green goo. It was a pretty tasty green goo, but kind of disappointing considering what it could have been.

Coming soon: recipe of how to use up your green goo.

Anyway, green goo acquired, and when I was in Russos picking up spinach I got a tenderloin steak, because they often have small half-pound steaks, which is just fine for us, especially when sliced. We may not eat that much steak, but I do love it. Some fingerling potatoes on the side (toss with olive oil, chopped fresh rosemary and salt, and roast for 20-30 minutes at 400F), and a couple roasted carrots just because. Dinner is served! Tasty, arguably healthy, but not so cheap.



Served with a pretty amazing oak-aged stout by Founders. And pink Himalayan salt, because according to the lady at the store that gives good energies. (Kook alarm going off). But the salt bowl is pretty!

No comments: