Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spicy cheese crackers



No ski trip is complete without cheez-its. Unfortunately, I didn't have any cheez-its, and I was going on a ski trip. Thankfully, I did have cheddar cheese, butter, and flour. Done deal. These crackers were DELICIOUS, and definitely passed the Ed-rating with flying colors. I will be making them again, they far surpassed the bright-orange cheez-its I'm used to.

Spicy cheese crackers
Didn't make nearly enough, double the recipe
1.5C grated cheddar cheese
4tbs butter
3/4C flour
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbs milk

Preheat oven to 350F.

Dump everything into a food processor and process until it makes a ball of dough. Roll this out with a floured rolling pin until it is ~1/8" thick. Cut into squares, or whatever shape you feel like, really. Dock the top with a fork, to keep them from getting puffy. Bake for 12-15 minutes, checking occasionally.

I recommend keeping smaller, single-person servings in different containers, because otherwise you'll eat the entire batch all at once, and then you won't have any more. That would be sad.

No comments: