Monday, June 1, 2009

Dream Bars

Sharon and I decided that it would be an excellent idea if we sent each other care packages each month, and so I browsed around the King Arthur site to see what I wanted to test out on Sharon. I ended up choosing the spicy cheese straws and the Dream Bars. Naturally I went and changed some things, but Dream bars seem like a pretty forgiving recipe. I replaced half the walnuts with chocolate chips, and the problem with this was that the chips just melted and turned the batter brown. Oops. Next time, I'll keep the same number of walnuts and put the chips on top at the end, so they melt just enough to stick to the topping. I thought the crust was a little too sweet, but I like my shortbread crusts to be not too sweet. Overall, these were ooey, gooey, and delicious!



Since I didn't change the recipe, you can go get it over at King Arthur. Next time I'll probably make the crust less sweet, add more walnuts, and sprinkle the chocoolate chips on top after it comes out of the oven.

No comments: