Friday, June 27, 2014

Salad (and ribs)

Ed and I tend to read the same food blogs. It often means we'll see the same thing on a given day, and both want to make it. This is why we get along.  Anyway, we saw this, and both were like, let's have salad tonight.  We also had some ribs marinating, so Ed cooked those, too.  And then made us some sort of fruity cocktail drink with fancy ingredients from the distillery next door to his office. I definitely don't remember what was in the drink (possibly rum based? with a grapefruit slice?), and I don't remember how he cooked the ribs, but I made the salad, so I remember that part.

We wanted to add avocado, since it seemed like adding something green and creamy and delicious would go over well.  It did.  And the Boston lettuce was perfect, crunchy and sweet.  I don't remember what we did for a dressing, unfortunately, it may have just been some oil and lemon and salt, with the pepper sprinkled over the whole thing. The only problem was that the eggs were not quite soft-boiled, they were somewhere between hard and soft boiled.  Would have been better if we'd taken them out 3 minutes sooner.  Oh well, live and learn.  Regardless, this salad was delicious, and refreshing, and filling, and beautiful.  I recommend making it.  

No comments: