Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pecan Pie

I have never made a pecan pie before, and since I know that they're not good for you, its probably not a good idea to make one and leave it sitting around, where I'll end up eating 4000 calories of pie over the course of a day. I kid you not, they're heavy duty. And DELICIOUS. So, I figured, why not experiment on Leo and Jenny? It might turn out to be a total flop and never set up, but then we can pick out goopy pecans from the filling and eat the pie crust on its own, Leo and Jenny are those sorts of people. My sorts of people. But in the best case scenario, it'll all work! To help with my endeavors, I followed a recipe. Sort of. I'm just incapable of properly following one of those, but what I did, worked out. The recipe I tried to follow is here. But I've reprinted what I ended up doing.

Maple pecan pie
3/4C maple syrup
1/4C molasses
3/4C dark brown sugar
1/4C white sugar
3 eggs
3 tbs melted butter
1 tbs flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-3/4C pecans

Pie crust for one pie bottom.

Preheat your oven to 350F. Mix everything together except the pecans. Put the pie crust into a greased pie pan. Put the pecans in the crust, and pour the filling over the top. Bake for 1hr, until it puffs up, and a tester comes out clean. Let it cool a bit before you try and eat it, or it'll be runny.


No comments: