Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chocolate chewy everything cookies



A while ago, I made some chocolate chewy cookies, I think following the epicurious recipe. I had mentioned back that that you could also follow the King Arthur Flour recipe, which is basically the same thing, so I tried that one today. Except, I added toasted walnuts, craisins, and white chocolate chips. Which really made things even more delicious. These were the cookies that took three egg whites (from the biscuits that I made with three egg yolks). The only downside, is that I only had the "special dark" cocoa powder, and it made things a bit too chocolately, if that is even possible. Maybe I'll use less cocoa next time. Anyway, these cookies were, as promised, chewy and delicious. The shininess is a bit off-putting at first, but then you taste the cookie, and it doesn't matter anymore that they're shiny.

Chocolate chewy everything cookies
Made 11 giant cookies

2-1/4C confectioners sugar
1C special dark cocoa powder
1/4tsp salt
3 egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
~1/2C white chocolate chips
~1C toasted walnuts
~1/2C craisins

Preheat the oven to 350F. Mix everything together. This made a pretty thick paste for me. Grease the cookie sheet, and plop down some cookies. They spread a little in the oven, but nothing horrible, not like last time when they turned into brownies.

Bake the cookies for 8-13 minutes, until they're crackly on top. Mine took 13 minutes. Don't overcook these cookies, or they won't be chewy, and that is the whole point.

No comments: